Sunday 28 October 2012

Review/Collection: Makeup Geek Eyeshadows Part 1!

Hey everyone :) Over the next 2 consecutive blog posts I'm going to show you and review my collection of Makeup Geek single eyeshadows. This first part features 6 of my lightest shades I own, part 2 will feature my darker shades. Here's part 1!
 
Left to right top to bottom: Purely Naked, Homecoming, Latte, Vanilla Bean, Bling, Shimma Shimma
 
Purely Naked: Slightly shimmery medium skin colour. I always put this in my crease first if I'm doing a darker look and want something like a real dark brown in the crease. It helps to blend everything out because it's similar to my skin tone yet a bit darker so it also adds some definition.
 
Homecoming: My favourite eyeshadow out of them all. It's a frosty taupe which leans more towards the brown side. It's so beautiful on the eye. Lately I have been wearing it on the lid over top of my Maybelinne colour tattoo in bad to the bronze. They are a similar colour and the cream eyeshadow underneath makes homecoming pop and look even more gorgeous!
 
Latte: Easily my favourite favourite favourite colour to put in my crease. It's a matte light brown which is the exact kind of colour I love to put in the socket of my eye. This eyeshadow is a basic and a must have.
 
Vanilla Bean: Another basic must have. It's an off white, kind of like an ivory colour with very little shimmer at all. Perfect to put underneath your brow bone. I use this pretty much everyday.
 
Bling: This is my favourite colour to put in my inner corner! It's so shimmery without being like glitter dust. One issue with this eyeshadow is it's extremely powdery. If I dunk my brush in the pan I have to tap off the excess and also blow over the eyeshadow to send away all the excess shimmery powder it puts all over the palette.
 
Shimma Shimma: Very similar in effect to bling, however this one is more pink toned while bling is more yellow toned. Again, used in the inner corner this lights up your eyes so well and looks so pretty.
 
Purely Naked, Homecoming, Latte, Vanilla Bean. Bling, Shimma Shimma
 
I love these eyeshadows so much. These particular 6 are my worst worn because they are all natural and subtle colours. Makeup Geek Eyeshadows retail for $5.99 off the Makeup Geek website ( http://www.makeupgeek.com/). I highly recommend them, they are such good quality for the price! Stay tuned for part 2 of my Makeup Geek eyeshadow collection coming  on Wednesday :)
 
Gemma x


No comments:

Post a Comment