Wednesday 31 October 2012

Review/Collection: Makeup Geek Eyeshadows Part 2!

Hey guys! This is the second and final part to my review/collection of my Makeup Geek Eyeshadows. This post features 8 of my darker shades from the website.
 
Left to right top to bottom: Corrupt, Sensuous, Mocha, Cocoa Bear, Brown Sugar, Country Girl, Glamorous, Gold Digger

Corrupt: Pretty much a matte black. There is very very slight glitter in the pan but this does not transfer at all onto the lid. It's also amazingly pigmented so you really don't need much at all. It's nothing special but a really great colour to have in your collection.
 
Sensuous: Gorgeous deep purple with gold and silver shimmer/glitter. I haven't worn this one yet even though I've had it for months because it isn't a colour I would gravitate towards. I love purples but typically light lilac colours for the day. I never really do smokey purple looks however this one would be perfect for something like that.
 
Mocha: This colour is great! It's a matte dark brown that I use all the time on my outer v to make my eye socket sink back more. Completely matte dark browns are hard to find so even though this colour doesn't look unique I think it's a great one to pick up because it comes in handy a LOT.
 
Cocoa Bear: A really nice red toned brown. These colours are also hard to come by. Most mid-dark browns are cool toned so it's nice to have a red toned brown in your collection to warm up your neutral looks.
 
Brown Sugar: A sparkly reddish brown. I haven't worn this colour out because I did a look with it which I was planning to wear to work but it made me look like I had a black eye so I had to wipe it straight off! I wouldn't suggest wearing this colour all over your lid, maybe just in your crease or on the lower lash line because on me at least it looks very strange.
 
Country Girl: Medium red with a hint of brown. It's packed with shimmer. This colour is gorgeous but again, like brown sugar it isn't extremely wearable. It does look quite nice on the eye but you need to be wearing a heavy amount of makeup for it to look good.
 
Glamorous: This colour is incredibly gorgeous. It's like a gold but a lot more orange. I adore putting this on just the centre of the lid after I've done a neutral eye just as a last minute thing. It makes my eyes look rounder and greener and attracts a lot of light.
 
Gold Digger: A 100% true gold. I adore wearing this colour. It's so glamorous and classy. It's such a vibrant pigmented gold, I love it a lot!
 
Corrupt, Sensuous, Mocha, Cocoa Bear, Brown Sugar, Country Girl, Glamorous, Gold Digger
 
These 8 eyeshadows are my least worn but I do still love wearing all of them (besides brown sugar) on occasion. I have 2 different favourites from this lot for different reasons. Mocha is one of them because I use it so often and it comes in handy a lot, however I also love gold digger because it's just an all round gorgeous colour that looks flattering on me. As I said in part 1, Makeup Geek Eyeshadows retail for $5.99 off the Makeup Geek website ( http://www.makeupgeek.com/). I really want to urge you guys to go online and purchase some of these eyeshadows! 6 dollars sounds like a lot for one eyeshadow but they are such good quality and are seriously worth it. Hope you guys enjoyed!
 
Gemma x
 

No comments:

Post a Comment